Your use of the website
You agree to use the website in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations and that does not infringe the rights of anyone else, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of the website.
You may not use the website to transmit any communication which is illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or otherwise objectionable.
We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your access to the website if we believe you have breached any of these terms. You indemnify us from and against all losses arising from a result of your breach of these terms.
Some parts of the website are restricted to users who have registered with us. Each registered user (everyone with online services access, whether as an individual or as an account owner, account administrator or account user for an organisation) has the following responsibilities:
- You must not access or attempt to access the online services through automated tools (including the use of scripts, web-crawlers, robots or screen-scrapers), or engage in any activity that will, or is likely to, interfere with or disrupt the online services.
- You must keep your online services account password secure. Never disclose your password to anyone else, including the Health Promotion Agency or Ministry of Health staff. If you think someone knows your password, you must immediately:
- change your password, or
- cancel your online services account or
- contact us.
- You must keep your registration details up-to-date.
Every time you use an online service as a registered user, whether as an individual or as an account owner, account administrator or account user for an organisation, on behalf of another person or organisation eg. your employer, or nominated person, you are saying that person or organisation authorised you to use the service on their/its behalf.
Ordering resources from our website
Members of the public and health professionals can order copies of all resources (other than web-only resources) on this website free of charge within New Zealand. You do not need to register to order. To maintain fair distribution, a limit has been placed on how many copies can be requested of some of the videos and DVDs. A small number of other resources are restricted to, and can only be given out by, health professionals.
Our online ordering service is an automated order processing system. We will make every effort to fulfill orders placed using this online service but we do not guarantee that resources will always be in stock. We will make every effort to ensure that resource descriptions are accurate and up-to-date. We reserve the right to amend resources at any time and without notice.
The Health Promotion Agency assumes no responsibility for any discrepancies between the electronic and the printed versions of resources. The latter stand as the official record.
If you believe any information on the website is inaccurate please let us know.
Delivery of resources
We provide free delivery to New Zealand addresses. Visitors to this site from outside New Zealand can view the resources online or download the PDF files.
We aim to deliver orders nationwide in 2–5 working days. This is a guide only and we do not guarantee that your order will be delivered within this timeframe. Delivery to remote areas may take longer.
Information transmitted over the internet is inherently insecure. However, all orders sent through the website are passed through a secure server using encryption technology.
You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to:
- prevent someone misusing or getting unauthorised access to your computer system or to any codes or passwords you have to access the website, and
- ensure your computer system and data are free of viruses and other forms of corruption.
All stored customer data is held in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. For further information, refer to our Privacy statement.
Linking to our website
You may create hypertext links to this website. If you do this, you:
- acknowledge that you are responsible for all direct or indirect consequences of the hypertext link
- agree that the Health Promotion Agency is not responsible for any loss, damage, liability, costs or expense you may incur for creating or maintaining the hypertext link.
Following hypertext links
If you follow a hypertext link to another website, this is your own responsibility. When visiting other websites, you should refer to the conditions of use of each of those websites and not rely on the conditions of this website.
Links to other websites are provided for the benefit of our site users. The Health Promotion Agency is not responsible for the content on the sites we link to and does not endorse any commercial organisations.
Changes to the website
The Health Promotion Agency may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this website at any time, including any service or content offered by this website.
This website is governed by New Zealand law, and the Courts of New Zealand have exclusive jurisdiction.
The Health Promotion Agency makes no representation that this website complies with laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside New Zealand. If you access this website from outside New Zealand, you do so on your own responsibility and are responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located.