We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any personal information you do provide us will be kept for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose we collected it for.
All reasonable precautions will be taken to protect your personal information (whether offline or online). Your personal information will never be shared with anyone else unless your express permission is sought and agreed first.
This website collects statistical information about your visit. We use this information to help us understand how people are using HealthEd and to improve the site. .Your visit is anonymous – information about your visit is combined with the data from all site visitors and presented as statistical information on overall site use. Information collected about your visit includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you visited on the website and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the website, and how long you spent oin the website
- the referring website (if any) through which you clicked through to this website
- your operating system (eg, Windows XP, Mac OSX)
- the type of web browser you use (eg, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution, the release of your installed Flash version and the language setting of your browser.
Some of this information may be gathered through the use of temporary "cookies". A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer's hard drive or browser by a webpage server. If you want to disable these cookies, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all of the functions on the website. Cookies from the website are not used to gather or allow the gathering of any personally identifiable information and are not used to track individual user activity around this site or around the internet.
Use of statistical information
The statistical information will be viewable by website administrators and other Health Promotion Agency staff. It may also be shared with the Ministry of Health.