Preventing HIV Infection
General information on Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), AIDS, other sexually transmissible infections (STIs), and condom use.
This resource is now obsolete and has been withdrawn by the Ministry. For information about HIV prevention please refer to the New Zealand Aids Foundation website here. Other useful information can be found below.
- The AIDS Hotline – 24-hour at 0800 80 AIDS (0800 802 437) or (09) 358 0099
- The New Zealand AIDS Foundation at www.nzaf.org.nz
- Sexual health centres at www.nzshs.org/clinics
- Family Planning Association (FPA) at www.familyplanning.org.nz
- Your doctor
- New Zealand Prostitutes Collective at www.nzpc.org.nz
- Pacific Island AIDS Trust
- Injecting drug user community groups
- Ministry of Health at www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/hiv-and-aids